Binding

After closing the sound box (the top is glued onto back and sides) I used a mini grinder ('Dremel') to create a slot for the end piece inlay:

You can clearly see the structure of the wood here, which will probably cause a lot of problems during the lacquer stage!

I also removed a part of the back and top to accommodate white bindings around the sounding box. The real D35 has black and white binding strips, but these would be too small here. So I used a single white plastic strip (which comes from an old vertical sun blind). I used a 2-second glue ('cyanoacrylaat') which is very useful here:

The soundbox has to be very smooth. The dense rosewood is not easy to sandpaper and it is difficult to keep it nice smooth. For safety reasons I decided to make two models in case something would go wrong: